Bill talks with John about:
- Searching for new musical ideas after playing guitar for over five decades.
- Motivations — not fame or money — for playing music.
- The cool part about getting old.
- His new album, “When You Wish Upon A Star.”
- Living in Seattle and moving back to NY.
- His desire to try new things but preference for feeling safe.
- Knowing when a piece of music is “done.”
With permission, this episode features a bit of the classic tune Moon River, off of Bill’s recent album “When You Wish Upon a Star.” You can purchase that album HERE.
In this episode, Bill mentions: Paul Motian, Petra Haden, Charlie Haden, Charles Lloyd, Bob Bain, Fretboard Journal, Matt Munisteri, and John Pizzarelli
Special thanks to Phyllis Oyama, who kindly helped make this interview happen.