Trixie schools John on the world of burlesque and challenges a few assumptions. She talks about:
- The goal of burlesque
- How burlesque found her
- The collaborative nature of the artform
- Dancing in venues ranging from a crawfish boil to the Kennedy Center
- The unexpected demographics of the burlesque audience
- Her biggest fears and her grandma’s last words
- The comic roots of burlesque
- Mixing jewish faith with the art of strip tease
- Being empowered and killing them with kindness
With permission of Ropeadope Records, this episode features a segment of the track off of Jim Stephens’ Full Tilt Boogie Band‘s 2016 album On Our Way to Forever. You can pick up that album HERE on Bandcamp or HERE on iTunes.
You can keep up with Jim Stephens’ Full Tilt Boogie Band HERE on FACEBOOK.