MAKE MOVES S2 Ep.13 feat. Daniel Zhu, Co-founder of Stance Social Media & Broadcasting, Digital Creative, + BBoy.
- Running a social media company dedicated to motion sports: hip hop dance, breaking, tricking, & parkour
- Being an outsider who fell in love with breaking
- The idea of BBoy culture being underground + maintstream simultaneously
- How music shapes dance
- The ways Bboy cultures brings people together
- Where BBoy culture is going
- The parallel between breaking and skateboarding
- The role respect plays in gaining access to the best breaking
- High profile figures like Joe Rogan and Tim Ferris taking notice of breaking
- Dancers that are pushing the boundaries
- Balancing between Stance and working a real job
- The kind of validation a social media maker craves
- How new generations are taking up social media
With permission, this episode features BBoy/BGirl Mix by DJ Fleg.
Some things Daniel Mentioned: